Blog Archive

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sorry for the long blog break. I've heard that true genius needs to sit and simmer, so that's what I've been doing; trying to simmer up some genius. Here are some updates.

Things I'm still working on:
1) Memorizing my German phone number. Not that it rings more than once a week, but regardless it would be good to be able to rattle it off the top of my head for all of those potential friends who would be so eager to hang out with me.
2) Playing the guitar. I've been practicing for about a year now and it still sounds like I'm strumming with my teeth.
3) Mastering Dance Central on X Box. In truth I've only ever played once and that was at Johannes's (singular of possessive of my brother's name? I still don't know it....just like my phone number) apartment over Christmas. I played against Christine and let me just say, that that is one little lady who's got the moves. It was a slaughterhouse and I was the bacon. But somehow in spite of my loss, I felt that calling to dance deep within me and I've been practicing in my apartment, sans X box and sans competition. It's a pretty big self esteem booster and come summertime I will be Applebottom jeans boots with the fur like you can't even imagine.

Things that are going well:
1) My roommate is the sweetest person ever.
2) My school was in the news. Check it out: http://www.swr.de/landesschau-aktuell-rp/-/id=233240/did=9132262/pv=video/nid=233240/14jn3xw/index.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment