Blog Archive

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Self confidence has just gotten the better of me (Pause: this is kind of a bewildering expression. Does it imply that there’s a better of me? If so, that firstly gives the phrase some theologically pleasant undertones and secondly makes me rather upset. Why don’t I get to know anything about this better me? I am rather entitled to it, I would say. Though as I write I am starting to wonder if maybe I am interpreting the entire phrase incorrectly, due to falsely applied parts of speech, due to the fact that no one in the Massachusetts Public School System seemed to think grammar instruction was a necessary entity beyond the 3rd grade thusly rendering both me and my peers to be English-incompetent and unemployable products of education. ) Returning to the story of my self overconfidence, I have just dyed and entire load of laundry yellow. Actually, it is more of a tea color which was produced by a yellow towel. It happened because the refusal to sort ones laundry by color is one of the modern youth’s most prevalent methods of asserting her independence. Example: Your mother tells you to sort the laundry and so you do, knowing that if you do not something very bad involving a tea towel or a pillow case will befall you. Nevertheless, it is a habit that you drop immediately upon entering the college phase of life, a time in which you not only have to pay per load but are also trying to be a bit rebellious but not so rebellious as to not revert to the old sorting method when you go home for Christmas. Somehow the not-sorting habit maintains a strong grip on your post college life. Maybe this is because you fear that your landlord will ask you to pay the difference in the water bill, should you do too many loads and therewith draw her attention. Maybe it is because you do not have children, eliminating the audience in whom you (as did your mother) could be instructing in the ways of the Sorting. Or maybe you are just still self asserting; you are still in your watch-me-and-tremble-as-I-place-this-yellow-towel-next-to-these-white-underwear-and-then-turn-the-water-on-the-hot-setting-phase.

The true issue of the matter is as follows: Would laundry sorting belong to the better of me or the worse of me?

O the questions we semi-adults must answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment