Blog Archive

Monday, September 5, 2011

Journey

Well for starts we were being flown over the Atlantic by someone named Captain Pfeffer.
This gave me a good chuckle but not the best chuckle. The best chuckle came from the in-flight entertainment. For some reason, and that reason is the immanent takeover of the world market by Chinese economic policy, the Chinese subtitles would not turn off. Every single TV and every single program was stuck on Chinese subtitles. Suspicious right? A particularly triumphant moment for the Chinese was when the elderly lady in front of me got her television stuck on Gnomeo and Juliet (in Chinese naturally) including all of the television controls, and no one, including the entertainment-system-trained stewardess and the tech saavy Italian children sitting across the isle, could figure out which button was the exit button and kept hitting the wrong one, thusly ensnaring themselves ever deeper into the labyrinth which we call technology.
Upon arrival in the 'Schland I nearly got trapped in a broken train station elevator with an elderly German Opa only to be rescued by a clever young chap who realized that the door was jammed by an entertainment magazine. This is why we should not read entertainment magazines and we should all known clever young chaps.
Then I arrived at the youth hostel, dropped my bags (though not of my own volition, my arms literally just forfeited. they could pull no longer) and headed for downtown Köln in search of the giant poster of the Pope, which was hanging larger-than-life on the side of the cathedral. It said "Wilkommen in Deutschland". I thought it was very considerate of him, to welcome me in such a public manner.
This morning I took the subway (pronounced Eww Bahn, which is just some good ol' fashioned German fun) back to the train station. It did not smell of deodorant. This means it smelled of odorant, eau de subways world wide.

Sorry that was very scattered and much more about China than Germany. Regardless, I made it!

1 comment: