Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

J Kids.

Actually, I know more than that. So here's the scoop, or as they say in German "der Schöpflöffle". Pause: That means ladle in German. It was a linguistic joke that I just made with myself completely unintended for your use and also kind of emarassingly revealing. Let's get on with the program, shall we?

The Program

What am I doing?
Good question; I've been asking myself the same one for years but cheer up, eventually you'll discover that if you just smile at everyone and drink enough coffee, no one will catch on to the fact that you're completely baffled by life. Setting aside the larger question and focusing on the immediate, I am teaching English to middle/high schoolers at a German school in the town called Ingelheim am Rhein. It's in the German province of Rheinland-Pfalz which lies on the western side of Germany near France and also appears to be alarmingly blue.



Where am I living?

In the city of Mainz, which I know nothing about except that the Mainzer locals are big into Fasching, which is European holiday during which everyone wears clown wigs and eats donuts. Here is my address, but postage to Europe as astronomical so don't mail me anything except for peanut butter and cash. That was a joke.

Sophia Buchanan
Nordstraße 18 a
55131 Mainz
Germany



No comments:

Post a Comment